Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Velkommen til København

Hello five people who read this blog!

I'm finally out of the country again and my travel blog is back. Do people still blog anymore? Should I be tweeting this?

I arrived in Copenhagen this afternoon and, if not in love yet because we only just met, am definitly in deep like. Here's the view from my apartment. The building with the green top is the Carlsberg brewery. I see a tour in my future. Also the Danes invented Legos. I will find their museum and build myself an apartment with a dishwasher and a real bedroom. I'll do it, so help me!




Our apartment is very sweet. Its only major setback is that it's a five floor walk up, which I believe is the travel gods' way of telling me to not pack the entire contents of my life into suitcases. I have also never been so grateful to be a former smoker.

Before I go to bed, I leave you with perhaps the greatest artistic achievement of the century, as viewed from the streets of Frederiksberg. In the window of a harmless looking hair salon is this piece of work that would make Tim Gunn weep magical tears. Now think hard. It's in the window of a hair salon. It's made of yes and good night.

4 comments:

Meg said...

yay! your readership is now up to 6! i cannot wait to hear more about your travels and see more photos! love you!

Tara said...

So cool! Keep posting! I love the pics. Miss you already!

Unknown said...

Awesome pics! You are missed, Carita! I feel very exclusive as one of the five readers of your blog! Have fun!
Gui

Devon said...

I'm so excited for the Copenbloggin! I hope you're having a great time and meeting interesting people! Keep blogging!