Thursday, December 10, 2009

Diet Cokenhavn

Today was my first full day at the Bella Center, where the Climate Conference is being held. I'm not attending any of the actual agreement negotiations, but the side events have been interesting. If you're interested in what's going on in the important people rooms, the NY Times has a good summary page of discussions and the conference in general.

Here is me at the Climate Conference today:

Judging by my smile you'd never know the deep sense of disappointment and betrayal I'm feeling. Why? I'll tell you why. Diet Coke costs $5 in Copenhagen. Not five krona. Five American dollars, people. Not a normal 20 oz. bottle, but one of those crummy half liter ones. Not only at the conference center, where you'd expect crazy prices. Nay, at the 7-Eleven down the block from my apartment. I'm just hurt, you know? They knew I was coming and it's like they did it on purpose. That's cool, Denmark.


No comments: