Saturday, July 30, 2011

Buh bohs

My beloved Dell laptop, Magnolia, has fallen ill with the dreaded bluescreen virus. Truth be known I've just named her. I'm holding on to the foolish hope that anthropomorphizing her will make it easier for the computer gods to identify her (and associate your rain dance chants of "Magnoliaaaaa!" to the universe with the right laptop. Thanks for doing that. You look silly.)

I'm about to call a laptop repair outfit here. If this is the universe testing my problem solving abilities in a foreign land, bring it on you crusty old sonofabitch. I'm independent, smart and a former Girl Scout. I've got this.

p.s. Mom and Dad - please send a new laptop to YWCA Mumbai. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Aunt Lucille said...

Dear Cara
Love the blog observations but so sorry about your laptop. Are you running any anti-virus software? Make sure your browser security is set to a high level too , especially if you're using Internet Explorer. On the Tools menu, choose Internet Options and then the Security Tab. Set it to at least medium. OK? Willing a virtual HEALING for your laptop .. love and hugs, Aunt Lucille PS_ Sent your blog spot link to Eric.